Greetings friends, wherever you may be! Here in the Pacific Northwest we’re getting some hints of spring!
And spring arose in the garden fair,
Like the Spirit of Love felt everywhere,
And each flower and herb on Earth’s dark breast,
Rose from the dreams of it’s wintery rest.
I love the way these bluebells come up in my front garden with no prompting from me
— simple sweet and unpretentious. May I be open to live my life more like them.
Spring inspires us to freshen up, let go of the stagnant things.
Get ready for new beginnings!
Try these 3 Simple Spring Cleaning Inspirations!
Have you wanted to move into organic, non-toxic cleaning products? I was stumped for a long time, between the greater expense of organic/natural products and managing my budget. I was also stuck thinking it’s going to complicated and I “just don’t have time!”
I’m inspired to to say I’ve broken through the barriers! I am now creating my own cleaning products economically, simply and naturally with my pure essential oils! (I recommend only CPTG-Certified Pure Therapeudic Grade oils.)
A few reasons why I love my pure DIY products:
- GOOD for my skin and lungs.
- No more rubber gloves for cleaning.
- The emotional lift I get from the oils as I work.
- I chose the scent.
- When people say as they walk into my home, “Wow, it smells so NICE in here!”
- Very economical to make–bottles of oils last a long time.
- I’m not contributing empty plastic bottles to the local landfill.
- Purchasing oils from my company gives me 30% points back to use to buy free product next time! (Ask me how that works.)
1.) ALL PURPOSE SPRAY:
- 1/4 cup white vinegar
- 1 3/4 cups water
- 30 drops CPTG essential oil
Four options to choose from:
- 15 drops each of Lavender and Lemon
- 10 drops each of Eucalyptus, Peppermint, and Wild Orange
- 30 drops protective blend
- 15 drops each of Grapefruit and protective blend
Directions: Add ingredients to a 16 oz glass bottle, shake and get cleaning! Shake each time you use them.?Note: I buy my spray bottles from AromaTools so I know they are safe to use with the EO’s. Some plastics will break down with essential oils. Experiment and find what works best for you. I like to change it up!
2.) GLASS CLEANER:
- 1 1/2 cup white vinegar
- 1/2 cup distilled water
- 8 drops of any citrus oil of your choice
- Wild Orange
- or a combination of the above
Directions: Add ingredients to a 16 oz glass bottle, shake. Shake each time you use them.
3.) SOFT SCRUB:
Coat your kitchen sink with a little bit, let it sit for 10 minutes, and gently scrub it clean. It can be used in so many other places too. Happy cleaning!
- rounded cup baking soda
- cup liquid Castile soap (I like Dr. Bonners unscented)
- 1 tablespoon distilled water
- 8 drops Lemon essential oil
- 5 drops Lime essential oil
- 1. In a bowl, combine baking soda and Castile soap with a wire whisk.
- 2. Stir in water.
- 3. Add essential oils and whisk until smooth. Consistency should be a soft paste.
- 4. Store in an air tight container out of the sun.
Oh, I’ve been using my essential oils in cooking lately and its wonderful! My herb garden is nearly non-existent till we get some more sunny warm weather, so I’m experimenting with my herbal oils: basil, oregano, cilantro, thyme as well as the citrus oils! Here’s a GREAT recipe for ROASTED MARINARA SAUCE on my essential oils website. Seriously tho — just a toothpick of oregano oil — it’s very potent!
Have a great month of March — and Happy St. Patrick’s Day!