Did you know that one drop of pure essential peppermint oil is equivalent to 28 cups of tea?
Seriously — pour yourself a cup of hot water (or cold if you want cold tea). Dip your toothpick into the essential oil bottle, and swish around in the water. That’s it! And if you want it stronger you can even try a drop.
Here’s a few more uses for peppermint essential oil:
- Use a drop of Peppermint with Lemon in water for a healthy, refreshing mouth rinse.
- put a drop into your water bottle for delightful flavored, energy-producing drink for the day!
- Promotes feelings of clear airways and easy breathing when diffused.
- Rub a drop of peppermint on your tummy to alleviate occasional stomach upset.
- Add two to three drops to your favorite smoothie recipe for a refreshing twist
- Put a drop of peppermint under your tongue for an instant breath freshener. You can also make a quick mouth rinse with a drop of peppermint and lemon essential oils.
- Combine with lavender essential oil to alleviate sore tired muscles and joints.
- A drop or two of peppermint essential oil to a cold foot bath or compress to help cool off.
- Inhale peppermint directly from the bottle for a non-stimulant pick-me-up.
- Apply a drop of peppermint essential oil diluted with a carrier oil, directly to the temples to promote energetic feelings.
- Dilute and apply 1-2 drops of peppermint to temples, back of neck, and forehead to relieve stress.
I always recommend diluting with a carrier oil. You can use regular coconut oil from your pantry or you can use fractionated coconut oil (designed to stay liquid and never harden), jojoba oil, almond oil, etc. Just one drop of essential oil goes a long way when mixed with a carrier oil.